0.4.0 Server Pure - USB upgrade - ERROR: defrag failed on ... No space left on device

I have two Server Pure and they each appeared to fail the OTA update and I successfully restored my first test system using USB restore. I did a USB restore on the second system and it worked all day to restore while preserving data by converting the fs to btfrs. I came back to my web console(start.local/loading) of the restore process and it filled the browser with these errors:

ERROR: defrag failed on /media/startos/data/package-data.convert-tmp/volumes/… : No space left on device

At the start of the update this NVMe had ~180GB of 2TB free. Is it possible to chroot and remove all the bitcoin blockchain data and finish the restore cleanup?

Updating this thread in case this is someones google result. The issue was resolved by doing the upgrade again via USB, and it didn’t encounter the out of space issue again. It just works.