Accessing server remotely

I’m running iOS 17.5.1 - I didn’t see any prompt for an authentication key.

When I start the Onion Browser it gives me the choice of “Start Orbot” and “Start built-in Tor”. There is also a button you can tap “Why” that explains the tradeoffs. You should try both ways to see if either works for you…

When I start Orbot, I also do not get any prompt for an authentication key.

Can you provide more detail / screen shots?

I do get the choice of “Start Orbot” or “Start built-in Tor”. I have tried it both ways. Here are a couple of screen shots when I try to connect with the Onion browser.

I really would rather connect to my Start9 remotely using a Macbook Pro. But since that was not working, I was trying the Onion browser on iPhone. I can connect just fine when I am on the local network using the .local address but that is only about 10 days a month. Most of the time I am in another location so that is why I’m trying to resolve connecting remotely.
Thanks for any help you can offer.

Did you go over our Running Tor on iOS Guide step by step?

We also have another one that can help you out with your Macbook Pro. Running Tor on Mac.

Looks like none of us have ever seen this – I can only think of two possibilities

• something weird with the address you’re blanking out
  • Orbot not being fully or correctly connected for some reason

Reviewing the conversation again, it seems you can’t run Tor correctly on your computer, or on your phone. Are they both connected to the same router and ISP? Are you somewhere that blocks Tor? If you look at Tor logs on your server (System → Tor logs) does Tor appear connected there?