Amazing product, needs 1 feature!

Hi all. Congratulation to Matt and his team for creating an amazing product. I got the Server One and couldn’t be happier. Installation was super easy, installing Vaultwarden, Nextcloud and BTC core took less than an hour to get running on Tor and I am an average computer user! The future of this product is bright!

Sovereign computing is great, but right now I think this solution centralized. I have 1 machine and a local backup. For this to really make me feel safe I would need to have another 1 or 2 servers in different locations that would all work together so if 1 went down, another would take over immediately. So if I am away from home and my internet goes down, I am limited in what I can do and access. But if I have another one at my office that could take over, I would be fine.

Just a thought. Again great product!

Hi Chris, glad you’re happy with the device!

You’re free to buy and run as many servers in as many locations as you’d like, and set them up to use the available services in a distributed way.

Start9 isn’t the developer of the majority of the services that you can run though, and so any failover feature or ability would depend on those services implementing a feature like that. For some, like LND or Core Lightning, it would be a complete impossibility.

One related thing at the OS level we’ll be looking at is allowing backups to take place from one server to another. That will be pretty useful.

1 Like