Automatic File Backup To Embassy Pro

Just got my Embassy up and running on my own hardware. My first two goals are to create an automatic backup of my documents & photos and sync this across my two windows computers.

From what I can tell I need to use the File Explorer and Syncthing services. What I cannot find are instructions on what to install on my Windows computer to send the files to my Embassy server.

After stumbling around I found syncthing-wrapper/embassy-setup.md at master · Start9Labs/syncthing-wrapper · GitHub which appears to give the instructions.

I’m running syncthing in a ‘test’ mode for now and it is working well. I have 2 folders sync’d from my Windows desktop to my embassy - and also sync’d to my iPhone. I don’t consider it a real backup, but it is an ‘extra copy’. In 2023 I’m going to get rid of the test folders and implement for real with some key folders I want easy access to - with automatic replication…

NOTE that the github link for start9 syncthing wrapper also has instructions for Linux, Mac, Android, iOS as well as windows…

Nextcloud is great for this and my preferred solution now over syncthing.

I’m experimenting with Nextcloud now. It is impressive. I may switch from syncthing on this…

I much prefer it. Only gripe is no 2-way sync with Android - 7 year old feature request