If you upgrade Electrs now to 0.12 it only supports Core 31.. you can’t Downgrade and sideload downgrade doesn’t appear to work - so you will be left with little choice but to move to Fulcrum and commence index from beginning.. Would have been nice to know what this was a breaking change to knots dependency; but there you go.![]()
This is why you should read the release notes, before you do an update, especially in the situation with the chain split.
I’m not sure this is the expected behavior. I’d like to learn more about your pre-updata setup. What flavor and version of Bitcoin, and what version of Electrs were you on, before updating Electrs to 0.12?
Update: This is known behavior. Matt is going to strengthen the release notes about this, and make it so a downgrade is possible. For people who have already updated, if they want to stick with electrs they will need to uninstall, then reinstall at v11. Then never update to v12. I know this doesn’t solve your specific case. I’m sorry. But for future updaters, they will be able to downgrade back to v11, without re-indexing.
In your case, since you’ll need to re-index anyway I’d recommend switching to Fulcrum.
hindsight is 20/20, Breaking Changes are not accidental. There is plenty of incentive out their to squash any challenge to Bitcoin’s capture.
Same here. Only noticed after I had already upgraded and I wasn’t able to downgrade either. I had to uninstall and reinstall vers 1.1 and wait for the reindex to finish before mempool would work. So, I’ve always used electrs, is fulcrum a better choice now and why?
Thanks.
Fulcrum is a better and faster indexer, especially for wallets that may have a long history. The only down side, it takes a little longer on the initial sync, and consumes more drive space. I’ve noticed a significant increase in wallet performance since switching to Fulcrum.
I think it has more to do with a specific feature in 31, that helps Electrs be a better indexer. I don’t think there is any reason a future version of Knots, or Knots Legacy cannot include the REST API in their implementation.