BitBanana and CLN using gRPC

Hi all,

I’m wondering is it possible to get BitBanana connected to my CoreLightning node? Zeus I don’t think is adequate - only because it takes forever to connect to node and use when you open it first, not really the ‘lightning’ experience I’m looking for.

Looks like BitBanana can use gRPC to connect to CLN, but Stat9 doesn’t include this method out of the box.

Is there a path forward for getting BitBanana connected via gRPC to my CLN node?

Thanks!

gRPC information is located at the bottom of the Core Lightning interface listings on your StartOS UI.

Still though, BitBanana will be as slow as Zeus because they both connect over Tor, this wasn’t a Zeus issue.

1 Like

Thanks StuPleb - how necessary do you think tor is, is there a way to not use it to speed the whole thing up? Thanks.

Tor is currently the way we can access (or allow other things to access) our servers until v036 of StartOS… so even if we don’t need to like the privacy benefits, we don’t have a choice just yet.

I went to Interfaces → gRPC and scanned the TOR QR code and BitBanana rejected it with ‘Unsupported connection format…’ Please use cln-grpc://…’

We’ve gone through the process and have a specific set of steps for you. Not many people use CLN gRPC, which is why the details needed to connect are slightly spread around.

1. First, adding a new node, select Manual input.
  2. Add a name and select CLN (gRPC)
  3. Open and login to StartOS on the same device. Go to CLN, go to Interfaces.
  4. Copy the gRPC Tor interface without the http://
  5. Paste that into Host. Type 2106 for port.
  6. Next, back on StartOS, leave the interfaces screen and Launch UI of the CLN service. Once it loads, tap the settings icon and select Connect wallet
  7. Change the network to gRPC (Tor)
  8. Copy the Client Key, return to BitBanana and find Client Key. Switch the toggle to Base64 and paste it.
  9. Return to the previous screen, and copy the Client Cert, return to BitBanana and find Client Certificate, switch to Base64 and paste it in.
  10. Scroll down on the BitBanana screen. Select/toggle Use Tor and hit save.
1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.