Bitcoin core 29.3.1?

Hi,

I’m running Bitcoin core 29.3.0 on Start9 0.3.5.1.

It’s showing there’s an update available for Bitcoin 29.3.1.

However I cannot find any reference to Bitcoin 29.3.1 at Bitcoincore.org

Can anybody help me understand what this update is about and where does it come from?

Thanks

There is no functional difference. It’s just a package wrapper version bump, to match the BIP-110 version of Knots. On StartOS 0.3.5.1, the versions numbers had to match in order to “reinstall” from one to the other. This allowed people to switch from the latest version, at that time, of Bitcoin Knots to Bitcoin Core while preserving their Blockchain data.

Since the chain split, none of this is really relevant any more, and you really should update to StartOS 0.4.0.

https://docs.start9.com/start-os/0.4.0.x/update-040.html

Hi Rexter, thanks for the swift reply!

Sure, I’m planning to move to Start OS 0.4.0 as soon as JAM is also fully supported.

By the way, do you know if RPC cookie is now supported on Bitcoin in Start9 0.4.0 instead of username & password?

Thanks a lot!