Boot media issue - x86_64 build

Hi all!

Excited to be a part of the community - I am trying to set up a DIY Embassy using the X86 architecture.

I had one setup a few months ago, then realized the hard drive I had in it wasn’t large enough for the BTC blockchain so I couldn’t run a proper node.

Anyways long story short, I’ve got a proper sandisk 1TB SDD in my computer now, and I’ve flashed a 64GB thumbdrive with the latest .iso image per the DIY instructions, and inserted it into my computer, but I keep getting the “reboot and select proper boot device” error upon starting the computer.

I’ve fiddled with the BIOS settings and ensured the SDD is first in the boot sequence and the USB is 2nd, but still no dice.

The SDD is formatted as exFAT per Start9s recommendation here: Start9 | Backup to Physical Drive

Any help would be greatly appreciated, I am not as technical as a lot of the users based on the posts I’ve read so far, so talk to me like a dim 5 year old, or a golden retriever :wink:

• Cullen

Unfortunately, all hardware will be slightly different. I would suggest the following:

• try a different flash drive

• try flashing again, in case there was a problem with the flash

• In BIOS, reset all settings to “defaults” to begin with, then try:

• turning off “Secure Boot”
    • using legacy or uefi boot if one or the other is not permitted
1 Like

Thanks Dave! Will give that a shot and report back.

Turns out I am the dumbest man alive - I downloaded/flashed the wrong .iso - downloaded the proper x86 release and I’m in business - leaving this up so people can see it and laugh and (hopefully) learn from my mistake!!

2 Likes

Glad to hear you’re online - Happy Hosting!

1 Like