Can’t access my start9 server

Hello there,

Basically the title. It’s plugged in. Light’s on, but can’t access it locally.
Thanks for the help

Without some further information, such as what errors you are seeing it is hard to say what might be happening.

A great place to start would be to check out our Common Issues page where there is a great step by step troubleshooting guide for the most common problems.

I try to access it from my iPhone and my laptop and the browser doesn’t load the page. I’ve heard my start9 beep for the first time. It beeped twice

Take a look at our troubleshooting guide:

https://docs.start9.com/0.3.5.x/support/common-issues#tor-troubleshoot

If you’re still not able to resolve the issue, please come see us in our Telegram channel for live help with the issue. We are available from 6 am - 9 pm UTC-6, seven days per week.

I believe I figured out the problem. I hooked a monitor up to the thing to access it that way. Apparently, there’s no operating system on it any more. I’d love to put start9 OS back on it but I worry the same thing will happen. I should say that it is one of those refurbished ones they sell. Any suggestions, or insights would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Yup - if there is no OS, it makes sense it wouldn’t start. I’d suggest going ahead and reflashing StartOS onto it and try again. Here’s a link to the documentation on flashing: Start9 | Flashing Guides

StartOS, like most operating systems, are generally not designed to delete themselves. So something external happened. I’d like to know more about what leads you to believe “there is no operating system on it any more.”

Well I can’t access it locally or remotely via TOR so I connected it to a monitor and it said basically that there was no OS. I didn’t get a picture of it, just HP, which is the name of my computer. Anyway I installed the start9 OS back onto it. I suspect something happened to the device physically. Or maybe the computer is just a piece of junk

With the very limited, and un-precise information I have at the moment, I can only speculate. But I’d be concerned that the SSD is failing. What I would do, is load some services that don’t risk user data, and play with it for a while. See how it goes. If the problem returns, pay closer attention to the exact error message for clues as to what the problem might be. Running Bitcoin Core, Electrs, and Mempool, will give it a pretty decent stress test, without risking personal data. Might be a good place to start.