Changed routers

Changed to a more secure router and my server is accessible and working properly. Can access via tor and wallet working. However my local address does not allow me access my services via my link below.

https://.XXXX-XXXX.local/system
Should I use the recover route? “These options assume you have a working StartOS device or data disk containing StartOS services and configurations that you want to use as the source for your new server.” Do I need to restore and go through trust steps on my MAC? Not sure what steps I need from reading the docs. Any help would be appreciated. I would prefer not to set up a new server as all is well otherwise.

If you just switched your router out, you shouldn’t need to do a restore (restore is for recovering from a backup). Just make sure your root CA is trusted and work through the guides for connecting via .local and if you still have problems check the common issues guide. I’ll leave the links below:

https://docs.start9.com/0.3.5.x/user-manual/trust-ca

https://docs.start9.com/0.3.5.x/user-manual/connecting-lan

https://docs.start9.com/0.3.5.x/support/common-issues

Thanks so much… I am up and running again. But for the last 24 hours I have not been able to access the marketplaces, both the Start 9 apps and other third party apps. The Updates button is showing request failed and like the marketplace shows movement on the screen but nothing.

Earlier in time I saw another thread on this but did not see resolution?

I just checked the market place. There have been a couple of times where it was down briefly, but it is up now. Try a hard refresh of your browser first ctrl + shift + r (Windows/Linus) cmd + shift + r (mac). You should be able to connect.

Did not work, also rebooted machine as welll. Cleared cache…

Did you reboot server and client? You might also try restarting your router. This error is a connection issue. It could be related to a network, firewall or VPN setting. If it has worked in the past then usually a hard refresh will resolve it. Occasionally it is something on Start9’s end, but I don’t think that is currently the case.

Now getting Gateway error when trying to log in …I know the password is fine.

This is almost always a caching issue with your client. Just to test can you try logging into the server from a phone or different client on the same network.

Used Brave and all is good. Maybe something in Firefox is causing this problem. Glad I tried Brave because Mempool was in need of an update. I have pretty strict controls on Firefox maybe that is causing a problem. Thanks so much for all of your help.

1 Like

I am good now on Firefox.

1 Like

Can only log out and login on Brave and Tor. Firefox will not let me log back in; either get a gateway time out or invalid login. So I know my password is fine. If I logout on Firefox I have to by pass and go directly to my XXX-XXX.local url to get back in. Plus the marketplaces services and update buttons not working again on Firebox, Brave or via Tor… So sorry for taking up so much time. I have rebooted server and computer and hard reset on Firefox.

What operating system are you running firefox from?

Sonoma 14.6.1 Both Firefox and Brave having issues…Tor is fine but also gets the same error codes.

I’m not clear on your issue.

Yesterday you had things working with Brave, but not Firefox, then you reported that you were good on Firefox. then you reported that you could log out / log in w/Brave and TOR, but firefox no longer works. This seems like an issue trying to log in to your StartOS server, not after logging in to your StartOS server having an issue reaching the marketplace.

Then after you responded to Rick w/your OS version your screen shots indicate that you are logged in to StartOS succesfully, but having issues reaching marketplaces. Evidently Firefox and Brave have issues. It isn’t clear to me if Tor browser is working or not - you said “it is fine but also gets the same error codes.”

Can you clarify what exactly is working and what is not?

Firefox screens below just taken

Brave screens below

Tor is the same. No access to marketplace apps and requests failed on updates. All three browsers have issues.

This appears to be the same issue you had before, which you previously resolved. The last time I believe it was a networking issue. Again, it is usually related to caching, VPN or firewall settings. First thing to always try is a hard refresh.

I would like to know more about this “more secure” router, as this seems to be the beginning of your troubles. Am I correct to understand that the issues you are experiencing are only when you connect on your .local address? I understand that when you connect via Tor, all is working. Do I understand correctly?