Core Lightning Channel rebalancing? Sling Plugin? Can't find a working solution

I am trying to find the best/easiest way to rebalance channels in Core lightning. The Ride The Lighting option for circular rebalancing is not possible with Core. There is, however, a plugin in the Core Start9 settings, under advanced, to enable “Sling.”

I enabled it and set up an SSH connection to the Start9 server. However, none of the sling commands work (such as sling-version).

I tried using
sudo podman exec -it c-lightning.embassy sling-version
as well as

sudo podman exec -it c-lightning.embassy bash
sling-version

Can anyone help with either getting sling working via SSH or directing me to a better way to rebalance a channel on Core Lightning Node?

I have not used the plugin but did a search on it. Does putting lightning-cli sling work after entering the container with sudo podman exec -it c-lightning.embassy bash?

lightning-cli sling “command”

Replace with the specific command you want to run, such as sling info or sling send.

No it doesn’t work. But that was a good idea considering it is a plugin. I hadn’t thought of trying that until you mentioned. But alas, no, it does not work.

I think we are on the right track. Someone from the community might be more familiar with it, or you could try reaching out to the CLN community. I supposed you took a look at the Github already?

Yes, StartOS had a link to the github page in the “important notice” section. That’s where I got the CLI commands to try.

Building on what others have stated…

1. Exec into the container
    sudo podman exec -it c-lightning.embassy bash

2. Safely inside, check that things work and exist
    lightning-cli getinfo

3. Check sling version
    lightning-cli sling-version

4. Add Sling jobs…
    lightning-cli sling-job -k scid direction amount maxppm (outppm) (target) (maxhops) (candidates) (depleteuptopercent) (depleteuptoamount) (paralleljobs)

5. Run all added sling jobs
    lightning-cli sling-go

And obviously for this to work, you have to the sling plugin turned on in CLN’s config.

Well, for what ever reason this is working now. Perhaps it because I rebooted the StartOS server (which I am not sure I did after initially enabling the sling plugin).

Interestingly enough, it works. And then sometimes it doesn’t work.

root@c-lightning:/app# lightning-cli sling-version
{
   "code": -32601,
   "message": "Unknown command 'sling-version'"
}
root@c-lightning:/app#