Updated version of cryptpad is available here: GitHub - B0d45/cryptpad-startos-updated: cryptpad startos updated · GitHub
Hi @Whatumbo
You can submit it to be officially included in the Community Registry by following the Publishing - Service Packaging guide.
I am getting an error when I attempt to sideload to Start9 StartOS 0.4.0.1 Server Pure.
I am unsure how to use start-cli?
@Miles00 please refer to this documentation for how to use start-cli: start-cli - StartOS
There is a dedicated section on S9PK Packaging here: start-cli - StartOS. I believe the command start-cli s9pk convert would be of use to you.
While those are great leads and very detailed, that is way too far over my head!
I am very much an amateur at this! I don’t suppose there is a lead to an already packaged CryptPad that is upgraded to meet StartOS 0.4.0.1 ?
Hi @Miles00, unfortunately no to my knowledge. I understand if CLI feels over your head, although I assure you it’s meant to be as easy as possible, and we can help unstick you if you run into any issues. Again, understand if it feels too daunting and you’d rather leave it alone.
Thanks, Jeremy - I am sure it’s easy for you and others in this space. Same as the propagation of ultrasonic and acoustic waves through varying density mediums is fairly easy for me having graduated as an engineer specializing in sonar transducers.
I hope someone else repackages CryptPad to mate up with StartOS 0..4.0.1 so that I can run a simple sideload from the .s9pk file - I got that figured out!
Thanks again, sir!
I’m excited to see so much interest in CryptPad.
I’ve got a bit of history with this particular service. I originally organized the crowdfunding to have CryptPad packaged for StartOS 0.3.5.1, I use CryptPad regularly myself, and I’ve been working on the 0.4 rewrite for a while now. Since learning the new packaging system I’ve also packaged NTFY, Garage, n8n, and Vikunja, so I’m planning to continue maintaining this one going forward.
I’d be happy to collaborate with anyone else working on this.
The one significant limitation in my current package is migration from the old 0.3.5.1 package. I don’t have an automated migration path from that version. Existing users would need to export their CryptPad data, install the new package, and then import it again. I document that explicitly. Going forward, I expect upgrades within the new package to be handled normally.
I submitted my version to community registry on Friday (Aug 15). If you would like to see my code in the meantime (and/or sideload the S9PK) it is on Github.
