External Cooling for Server Pure...needed or no?

Depends how far down the rabbit hole you want to go. If you are talking server racks then this 1U Fan Tray or something similar might be the solution.

1 Like

I have shallow switch rack from Tripp-Lite (Eaton) so i was looking @ the 1U tray fans, was concerned with the overall noise as the cabinet is right next to computer desk, small house, small computer area, in a common space, not much of a home lab, more of a home corner in the not formal dining area, lol
Trying to keep things as neat as i can to stay out of the dog house

1 Like

You know what they say, happy wife happy life :smile:

2 Likes

Here is what i found, not a whole lot of air being moved but i can not hear both of them running, and temps are down to 44 C. I put one under & the other over, top one is pushing to bottom of firewall. I also purchased the 140 mm size to get the basket up to free shipping, i will try those if the temps creep up again when I get some more services running. And on a side note the firewall temps are down from 50C to 33C, ambient air temp is 70 F

4 Likes

That is a nice setup bud! Thanks for sharing!

1 Like

I was thinking about cutting a hole in the ceiling to exhaust hot air, and another hole in the wall to intake cool air. Your method seems… safer.

1 Like

I have those same visions in my head, dedicated server closet with exhaust and filtered intake air, temperature controlled of course :sunglasses: