GHOST CMS MySQL 8

Hello Community, I’m using Ghost CMS in my project and I just updated to the lastest version 5.75.1 did anyone else get this error message “You are running an unsupported database in production. Please upgrade to MySQL 8.”? This is a Embassy OS update correct? Or do I have to SSH? FYI the update is great. Much Respect.

Hello, there’s nothing to be worried about. We are using MariaDB and Ghost has dropped all support for anything other than MySQL. MariaDB is essentially MySQL but truly open-source. The creator of MySQL didn’t like what Oracle was planning to do with it and decided to fork it as MariaDB. At some point in the future, changes between those two might be an issue but as of now, MariaDB is basically a one-to-one replacement for MySQL. So, you don’t need to upgrade to MySQL 8.
I hope this clears up your concerns.

1 Like

That being said, I’m working on an update designed to hide this warning from users. This should prevent any further confusion among future Ghost users. Expect this to be implemented in the 5.75.3 version, which is currently undergoing alpha testing.

1 Like