Having start9 isssues would like to reinstall

I can done an update and paste the error, give me a few not home yet

1 Like

This is the error ## Install of bitcoind@27.0.0 Failed: Filesystem I/O Error: request or response body error: error reading a body from connection: error:0A000119:SSL routines:ssl3_get_record:decryption failed or bad record mac:ssl/record/ssl3_record.c:622:

Mempool - Install Failed

Install of mempool@2.5.1.1 Failed: Filesystem I/O Error: request or response body error: error reading a body from connection: error:0A000119:SSL routines:ssl3_get_record:decryption failed or bad record mac:ssl/record/ssl3_record.c:622:

It seems like you are having connectivity issues. I saw that you posted that you are using Starlink for you ISP. I have seen other users that had connectivity issues with Starlink.

Is there a way to resolve this other using another isp, I can connect to my server remotely over tor with no problems and BTC blockchain is at 100%.

If possible you can try another ISP, even if it is just a test. You can also see if there are any settings you can adjust with your starlink setup. You might try reaching out to their customer support as well

ok I will try that, is there a reason why only the app updating is the only connection issue , since all other connection work , although the marketplace does not always connect and I have to use the rebuild option in the setting and it will connect to the market place

Downloading packages needs a stable connection so that the larger files won’t be corrupted. You can sometimes get away with the intermittent connection just browsing. Also, there may be something with your Starlink setup that is blocking access

ok I understand , would the hardware cause this issue , I am able to download software, do streaming with my other laptops connected to the same network with no issues

I wouldn’t think it is a hardware issue. There is not a known issue with StartOS connecting to updates, so this leads me to believe that it is a networking issue of some sort. You just have to troubleshoot and eliminate possibilities as you go

ok thanks for your help, I’m not very experienced or technical , are there certain areas I should focus on, things to look for in router settings or questions to ask starlink that would cause these problems.

We have our common issues document but as far as Starlink goes I don’t know much about them, I would just look at their docs or call and ask them. https://docs.start9.com/0.3.5.x/support/common-issues. You might also search the net for articles similar to this. There are ways to determine if your internet connection is intermittent. https://www.howtogeek.com/740382/internet-problems-heres-how-to-tell-if-its-your-isps-fault/