JAM transaction waiting > 24 hours

Seems one of my JAM sweep txs is taking extraordinarily long time. Suspect due to low fee. Transaction was showing on explorers but now isn’t. UI still shows in progress. Is there a way to speed it up via JAM?

If your transaction was showing in Mempool Explorer and now it is not, it has been dropped due to the low fees.

The best thing is to have patience and wait for Jam to show it as spendable once again. (Might take a while to happen).

If you have specific questions about Jam you can try to reach out on their Telegram support group, but be aware that like in any other Bitcoin related group you will receive DMs from scammers. Channel admins will never initiate a DM with you.

Thanks. So just let the sweep continue?

1 Like

You can do what’s called a Child Pays For Parent(CPFP) transaction. You can spend an unconfirmed transaction in Jam, but the UTXO control is pretty sparse. The way I’ve done it, is to freeze all others UTXOs in the jar. Then make a spend. It can be to yourself, or someone else. But the transaction needs to be smaller than the unconfirmed UTXO. Or you can unfreeze just enough UTXOs, in the jar to cover the transaction, including the unconfirmed UTXO, as to make sure the unconfirmed UTXO is included in the transaction. You cannot do a collaborative transaction with an unconfirmed UTXO, so turn that off. Manually set your mining fee way high. It has to be high enough to bump the average sat/vByte of both transactions above the current rate. You can do the math, by looking at both transactions, but that’s pretty complicated. I’d probably look at mempool’s fee estimator, and triple the current high priority fee. The risk is, if you don’t bump it high enough then that transaction will also sit unconfirmed. And you would have to do an excessively high fee on the next transaction to push them all through.

Or… You can wait it out as mentioned…