Marketplace failing to load

Multiple issues here. I had an issue with Bitcoin Core failing to sync, so I “Stopped” the service and that went on for ages (some people on the forums suggested it had to do with my external SSD crapping out - not sure if that’s the issue or not, but it is not externally powered, just power over USB-C)

…Came back to it a couple months later, Rebooted a few times, Updated to v 0.3.4. Uninstalled Bitcoin Core. EmbasyOS still thinks it’s there from all of the “Dependencies” lists in the other services (Mempool, electrs, and Bitcoin proxy), but Bitcoin Core doesn’t show in the list of services.

Marketplace fails to load for me to attempt to re-download/install Bitcoin Core.

Mempool also showing error, which I’m assuming is related to Bitcoin Core not properly running.

Also there’s an OS Log error.

ERROR embassy::manager: service crashed: 1: Error: Failed to resolve address bitcoind.embassy:8333: failed to lookup address information: Name or service not known.

Edit: FYI - This was an “Embassy One” purchased in July 2022 (Raspberry Pi 4b)
Rebooting does not help.
I even did a System Rebuild., no dice.
I don’t mind if I have to do a clean install, or buy another SSD…I just have no flipping clue what’s wrong or how to fix it.

…Aaaaand, it’s fixed. Updated to latest version, which prompted me to connect HTTPS over TOR, which solved the marketplace issue and it reinstalled CORE. Lucky me.

1 Like

You can update Bitcoin Core to version 25 or highier and remove Bitcoin proxy. It’s unnecessary from Core 25 and onwards.