NextCloud - contacts

I’ve paid for a hosting company for a nextCloud instance before and would like to migrate over. So far the process has been pretty smooth.

I have an issue I’m hoping someone will have some insight with.

With the CONTACTS app, I’d like to duplicate my prior set up - an ADMIN account and two subaccounts (one for wifey, one for me) so that our contact lists don’t mingle. She’s a doll, but terrible about keeping her side updated properly.

I’m not finding an easy way to do that and any help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Rich

1 Like

Hi there, and welcome!

The automatically created (and default) account is the Nextcloud admin account. Users can be added and managed by going to the main menu (click your profile icon in the top-right) → Users.

If you are meaning that you were previously able to split out accounts within the Contacts app, then this is something I am not familiar with. There is a way to create “Groups” within the app, but on this version of NC and Contacts, that’s all I see.

One thing to keep in mind with your migration is that we will not have ‘clearnet’ support until later this year, so all remote access is done via Tor, which can be a bit clunky. Worth considering and testing/playing around with before you make the final transition.

Let us know if you have any further questions - Happy Hosting!

1 Like