Nextcloud will not copy the startos-0.3.4.4....iso file from windows client to server

My Nextcloud windows client will not copy the startos.iso file to the nextcloud server. Everything seems to be working with Nextcloud (fresh install, syncing okay, Windows file manager integration is okay, etc.) But NC is having problems with the .iso file. Here is the log message from the Nextcloud log. There is plenty of free space on the server (2TB free) for the 1.34 GB startos.iso file. My ncloud account has Unlimited quota rights as well.

Does anyone have an idea of what might be wrong? I am wondering (because this is my install of everything) if there is another setting in startos or ncloud that I need to adjust to permit the copy of the big file? Thank you

===== Nextcloud log message

[no app in context] Error: Sabre\DAV\Exception\BadRequest: Expected filesize of 1340953344 bytes but read (from Nextcloud client) and wrote (to Nextcloud storage) 0 bytes. Could either be a network problem on the sending side or a problem writing to the storage on the server side. at <>

1. /var/www/html/apps/dav/lib/Connector/Sabre/Directory.php line 151
    OCA\DAV\Connector\Sabre\File->put(null)
  2. /var/www/html/apps/dav/lib/Upload/UploadFolder.php line 45
    OCA\DAV\Connector\Sabre\Directory->createFile(“00003”, null)
  3. /var/www/html/3rdparty/sabre/dav/lib/DAV/Server.php line 1098
    OCA\DAV\Upload\UploadFolder->createFile(“00003”, null)
  4. /var/www/html/3rdparty/sabre/dav/lib/DAV/CorePlugin.php line 504
    Sabre\DAV\Server->createFile(“uploads/kevin/1490048731/00003”, null, null)
  5. /var/www/html/3rdparty/sabre/event/lib/WildcardEmitterTrait.php line 89
    Sabre\DAV\CorePlugin->httpPut([“Sabre\HTTP\Request”], [“Sabre\HTTP\Response”])
  6. /var/www/html/3rdparty/sabre/dav/lib/DAV/Server.php line 472
    Sabre\DAV\Server->emit(“method:PUT”, [["Sabre\HTTP\ … ]])
  7. /var/www/html/3rdparty/sabre/dav/lib/DAV/Server.php line 253
    Sabre\DAV\Server->invokeMethod([“Sabre\HTTP\Request”], [“Sabre\HTTP\Response”])
  8. /var/www/html/3rdparty/sabre/dav/lib/DAV/Server.php line 321
    Sabre\DAV\Server->start()
  9. /var/www/html/apps/dav/lib/Server.php line 360
    Sabre\DAV\Server->exec()
  10. /var/www/html/apps/dav/appinfo/v2/remote.php line 35
    OCA\DAV\Server->exec()
  11. /var/www/html/remote.php line 171
    require_once(“/var/www/html/a … p”)

PUT /remote.php/dav/uploads/kevin/1490048731/00003
from 172.18.0.1 by kevin at 2023-10-15T15:16:08+00:00

Hi. I’m not sure what’s wrong, but I can confirm that it’s working on my setup. I just successfully synced 1.3 GB .iso and 3.9 GB .tar files with the Nextcloud server with no problems. All settings are at their default values.

Thank you for taking the time to try it out on your end. I think I will delete the file and try it again. To be precise, I was trying to copy a whole file of folders to the server using the Windows file manager app. Maybe that had something to do with it. I will report back here with results.

Let us know, syncing large directories and files with NC Sync clients is definitely battle tested. You might like to reach out to the Nextcloud team as well, or search their Github for more insight.

I confirm that the file sync of the large startos.iso file now works between my three machines (Windows client1, Nextclound on StartOS server, Windows client 2). It synced quickly and properly among the machines now that NC has been running for a few days. I don’t know why there was an issue originally. I copied hundreds of files in the test by dragging and dropping a folder hierarchy during the test. Only the startos.iso file failed. (sigh) Oh well. It’s working now! :slight_smile: