No access to Alby Hub

Earlier this week, I updated Alby Hub to version 1.10.1. Everything was functioning properly, including making a payment. However, today it unexpectedly stopped working.

In StartOS, both Alby Hub and the LND service show as “Running.” When I try to access the Alby Hub UI, I receive the following message:

Hmm. We’re having trouble finding that site.
We can’t connect to the server at .local.

Here’s what I’ve tried so far:

1. Used a different browser.
  2. Stopped both the LND and Alby Hub services, then restarted LND followed by Alby Hub.
    (Health checks indicate: Success: Alby Hub is ready.)

Additionally, the Firefox Extension displays 0 SATS, and while the Alby Go app starts on my mobile, it does not show the status of my funds.

Could you please advise on how to resolve this issue?

Thank you for your assistance!

Hi Lighthouse,

What is shown in the logs?

Hi StuPleb,

I do see an almost endless list of request (see screenshot).

This looks like maybe the health check (and it is accessing the UI without a problem). Something is successfully reaching the UI.

Can you access your other services UIs?
Can you access AlbyHub from its Tor interface?
Did you restart AlbyHub and the server?

I am unable to access the other UIs (Lightning Terminal and Mempool) as well. I received the email below from Alby yesterday and today.

I installed the Tor browser on a virtual machine and successfully accessed Alby Hub using the onion address. I was able to log in and view my funds (yay!).

When I tried to access the StartOS interface through Tor, I received the following message:

---------------------------------------
Warning: Potential Security Risk Ahead

Tor Browser detected a potential security threat and did not continue to .onion. If you visit this site, attackers could try to steal information like your passwords, emails, or credit card details.
---------------------------------------

After disregarding this message, the standard login screen appeared.

I had previously restarted the LND and Alby Hub services, and I just rebooted the server. It started up without any issues. All the installed services are displaying “Running” (in green). When I check each service, it indicates “Success” under the “Health checks” section and “satisfied” under “Dependencies.”

After the reboot, I still can’t access Alby Hub and the other UIs. However, Alby Go and BlueWallet on my iPhone are displaying my funds and the most recent transactions. Additionally, the Alby Extension in Firefox on my workstation is functioning again.

Everything appears to be working fine, except for access to the UIs, which all share a .local domain. The only way to access the UIs is through Tor.

If anyone has any ideas on how to address this issue, I would greatly appreciate your feedback. :pray:

Check out these steps:
https://docs.start9.com/0.3.5.x/support/common-issues#i-am-unable-to-reach-my-server-via-its-custom-address-local-lan-address

Thanks for the link, StuPleb. I followed these steps during the initial setup and double-checked to confirm. While it is specific to .local, it does connect to .local, albeit very slowly. However, still no show to the other UIs.

I discovered something else that is likely the root of the issue. On October 1st, Microsoft released the 24H2 update (build 26100.1882), which was installed on my main desktop PC. When I access the system from my laptop, which hasn’t been updated yet, everything works perfectly. So, the problem isn’t related to StartOS or Alby Hub; it’s tied to the Windows 11 24H2 release.

I’m not aware of any particular Windows update that could do this, nor anyone else who has has problems after a Windows update… the ability to access .locals comes from 3rd party software, not Windows.

Try this…
https://docs.start9.com/0.3.5.x/user-manual/connecting-lan#connecting-lan-windows

FIXED !! :partying_face:

Although “Bonjour” was installed, I deleted it and reinstalled it. Now, all the UIs are launching properly again. I’m a happy camper! Thank you for your patience.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.