Random CPU Spikes - forced restart

Hi community,

since a few months I noticed that my Start9 node randomly spikes to 100% CPU usage and stays that way until I (force) restart it. The node is not responsive during those times.
I am running the node inside proxmox in a ThinkCentre M715q Tiny machine with 32 GB RAM, and an AMD Ryzen 5 PRO.

I would check the logs but the problem is that after a restart the logs are reset (I think) and while the CPU is at 100% I can’t see them…

I noticed that the spike mostly appears around midnight, so I thought it might be my router for some reason. But I don’t know if that’t the case and if so, how to resolve it. I can’t fiddle with the router.
I added cronjobs which automatically shut down the containers 5 minutes before midnight and restart them 5 minutes after midnight but that only worked for ~1 week after which for some reason the bitcoind container could not be restarted properly which forced me to restart the whole machine again.

I know this is a shot in the dark, but do you guys have seen something like this or do you have any tips on how to resolve the issue?

Regards,
Okamikun

nobody? Would really appreciate any insights into how to resolve this.

I heard there was an issue like this on an older version. What version of StartOS are you running? Also, do you commonly leave your browser tab open with the StartOS dashboard?

Also after a restart, when you look at the OS logs and Kernel logs, even if the oldest record shown on the screen is from after the restart, if you click download in the bottom right corner it should download the last 10,000 records - showing information from prior to restart.

Thank you for your reply!
I am running version 0.3.5~1 with git hash 39de098461833e4c56bd3509644ddf7f1a0fc4ca.
I rarely have the browser tab of the dashboard open.

Also after a restart, when you look at the OS logs and Kernel logs, even if the oldest record shown on the screen is from after the restart, if you click download in the bottom right corner it should download the last 10,000 records - showing information from prior to restart.

Good to know! I wasn’t aware of that. I will try it the next time the CPU spike occurs.