Recovering JAM: rescanning forever

Hi. I had to reinstall JAM and had funds on an account. I entered the seed phrase used during previous setup. It’s rescanning forever. Is this normal? Do I need to use the same password that was used during the previous setup?

I have answered some of my own questions by recovering using Sparrow wallet. Seems the password entered is not a passphrase (which would be required for recovery). This is great news because I didn’t expect it to be.
I’m still waiting for the JAM app to finish scanning, so I’m going to just reinstall, create a new account and send it there.

OK. Now I reinstalled everything, created an account and scanning is still taking forever. I checked the logs and I’m seeing a bunch of “failed to connect to peer” messages.

Are all other services on your Server working correctly (Green Health Checks / No errors)?
If JAM is the only service causing you trouble, take a look at the specific Service Logs that you can find in the JAM service page of your server under Menu → Logs.
Make a note of any specific errors and let us know. If it is related to a connection error we might be able to assist.
If this is related to an issue with JAM itself, you might want to reach out to them and see if they have any other tips. Their contact information can be found at the bottom of this page: https://jamdocs.org/