Ride the Lightning (RTL) Error 500 - Connect Econnrefused 172.18.0.41:8080

I am having a problem getting RTL to see my LND node. LND is running and it says it is synced. Thank you for your help.

Hi.

Just a few questions so we can get some clarity on what might be happening:

1. Are your Health Checks for RTL Green?
  2. Are there any errors that you are seeing in the logs of either LND or RTL that indicate a problem?

Thank you for your help. A little background, it seemed to be working until I changed the node alias. That is when I started getting the error. I uninstalled both LND and RTL and then reinstalled them. That did not help.

LND has a green check and says: ā€˜Success : Synced to chain and graphā€™.

RTS also shows a green check and says: 'Success : RTL is ready to visit in a web browser '.
At the top of the dashboard, it says ā€˜Error! Please check the server connection.ā€™

The last log entry is: ā€˜[5/20/2024, 12:24:54 AM] ERROR: Wallet => List UTXOs Error: {ā€œnameā€:ā€œRequestErrorā€,ā€œmessageā€:ā€œError: connect ECONNREFUSED 172.18.0.41:8080ā€,ā€œcauseā€:{ā€œerrnoā€:-111,ā€œcodeā€:ā€œECONNREFUSEDā€,ā€œsyscallā€:ā€œconnectā€,ā€œaddressā€:ā€œ172.18.0.41ā€,ā€œportā€:8080},ā€œerrorā€:ā€œError: connect ECONNREFUSED 172.18.0.41:8080ā€,ā€œoptionsā€:{ā€œurlā€:ā€œhttps://lnd.embassy:8080/v2/wallet/utxos?max_confs=1000000000",ā€œrejectUnauthorizedā€:false,ā€œjsonā€:true,ā€œheadersā€:{},ā€œmethodā€:ā€œPOSTā€,ā€œqsā€:{},ā€œsimpleā€:true,ā€œresolveWithFullResponseā€:false,"transform2xxOnlyā€:false}}ā€™

Changing a node alias does not break LND or RTL. You have some other error that is behind this that uninstalling and reinstalling these two services is not going to fix.

Iā€™d suggest first restarting your server, then checking whether you have the basics of RTL configured right, then clicking Save.

Thank you. I restarted. Then LND would not synch while RTL was trying to start. I reinstalled RTL and now it works. Iā€™m not sure what the problem was.

I appreciate your help.

1 Like