Services request

I was wondering when services like thunderhub would be avaliable in the main marketplace (I dont want to use it from the community marketplace, call me skeptical all you like), it seems to be a basic service which is not avaliable.

Also while im at it I would also like to ask if there is any update on the next major update which provides the new network interfacing features. It feels like its been years.

Thank you!

Hi, Thunderhub is not maintained by the Start9 Team but by a Start9 Community Member. As StartOS allows anyone to package any open source project to be used for it, not all of those that are packaged can be maintained by the Start9 Devs.

There are guidelines that need to be followed when applying to have a Service added to the Community registry, which you can look through here → Community Submission Process

That said, in the future people will be able to host their own registries & add the registries of others that have specific Services to their own Marketplaces.

As for when the next major update, v 0.3.6, will be out, we don’t have a definitive date for it yet as rigorous testing is being done to make sure it is completely ready to go, you can keep up to date with developments on the Telegram roup → Start9 Announcements

2 Likes

Adding to what @OKIN says, in each service you are a click away from verifiable source code and the ability to build the package from source yourself. If the wording “community” is a worry, then you might want to be building each package rather than trusting Start9.

2 Likes