Sparrow Wallet not connecting to Start9 Device for Private Electrum

Hi All,

When I run the “Test Connection” in Sparrow Wallet I get this error.

“Could not connect:
Socket closed”

I run the host name and port, with multiple restarts. No luck in getting the wallet connected to the start 9. Any ideas to please help?

Hello!

What OS are you on? And what is your hardware?

also, just to make sure, are you following this guide?

I’m on windows 10. Start9 server one. I ran through the guide with host and port #.

Often the problem is TOR. verify that you can access your StartOS server / other services via TOR. Check the TOR log for errors on your StartOS server. System → Insights → TOR logs. If you find TOR is not working on your server you can restart TOR at System → Manage → Experimental Features → Reset TOR.

Thanks for this and I ran through the TOR check. I can access through .onion. I’m still getting, “Could not connect: SOCKS server general failure. Check if the proxy server is running.”

The error is very specific to Tor.

Are you running Tor in the background in Windows? Or are you relying on the inbuilt Sparrow Tor connection? It sounds like you’re running both at the same time.

In Windows you MUST choose one or the other.

If you’re running Tor in the background as a service, in Sparrow you have to choose Proxy at the time of setting up the connection and add 127.0.0.1 as the host and 9050 as the port. Then completely close out Sparrow and wait. Then open it again, and it will not try to open Tor itself, and instead use the system service.