Start9 features broken in Brave after Sequoia 15.0 update and RoboSats warning message “Update your RoboSats client”

I have been using “Server One” for a little over a year now. About two weeks ago, the warning message “Update your RoboSats client” started appearing in “RoboSats.” Hoping that an update will appear to fix this, I continue to use it, despite the tedious warning.

I updated my machine’s operating system to “Sequoia 15.0” about a week ago. In addition to “Tor,” before this I only used “Brave” for faster interaction with the “Start9 Services.” However, after the update to “Sequoia 15.0,” I find it impossible to call all the interfaces of the “Server One” services in “Brave”. Now I only view and use them in “Tor,” but I would appreciate it if someone here who is a professional could guide me to make everything functional again and in a fluid manner, both “RoboSats” without warning message and using “Start9 Services” in “Brave”.

Thank you very much in advance for your support.

The latest version of Mac OS breaks .locals resolution for all apps but Apple’s own (and apparently IP addresses according to one report I’ve read). In order to regain access to .locals for everything from Firefox to Sparrow, Mac OS apps have to specifically be granted permission to be able to access the local network.

For example…

Settings --> Privacy & Security --> Local Network --> Brave

You’ll likely need to do this with all applications you run that need access to the local network.

(For RoboSats, the solution is simpler, give us a few days to get the service updated.)

1 Like

Thank you for the suggestion. I’ve tried it the way you describe. Btw., since you mention it, shortly after the “Sequoia 15.0” update I figured how to make it work again, so I turned it on that way and the “Start9 Services” did work as before, but the pleasure was short-lived. The “Sequoia 15.0” system started throwing up security messages in order to use “Brave” as before. I probably rejected one of those options and no matter how many times I kept turning “Brave” on, off and even restarting it, at some point it stopped opening the “Start9 Services”. So following your procedure hasn’t helped in my case.

I see two options: 1. Wait for the next “Brave” update, or 2. Reset all settings in “Brave.”

Starting and restarting the computer didn’t help with this.

It’s not that bad, since it works in “Tor” anyway, also in “Safari,” only that for the latter, for example if I want to share a link from the “File Browser” service, when copying the link I want to share, the clipboard does not really copy the links :person_shrugging:t4:

I’m glad to read that an update is in the works to fix the RoboSats warning message issue :+1:t4:

So you’re saying you can access services in other browsers, it’s just Brave you have a problem with. It’s unlikely that Mac OS settings have a particular inability to allow Brave to work, maybe more so that some recent update of Brave to account of Sequoia has caused something to break. It would be interesting to see if a reinstall of Brave would help, and it would be interesting to see if something like Firefox handles web browsing and access of .locals without issues.

I have decided to try another browser. I will use “Firefox”. In any case, I will stay tuned for the next “Brave” update. When this happens, I will post the result here.

Does anyone have an update to this issue? I’m running into the same problem on my new Start9 Server One. This is the warning I’m getting every time I open RoboSats and it’ll pop up every few seconds.

Running on MacOS Sequoia 15.0.1 with FireFox (but same error shows up on Tor browser).

The RoboSats coordinator is on version {{coordinatorVersion}}, but your client app is {{clientVersion}}. This version mismatch might lead to a bad user experience.

Hey Rohias, welcome to the forum!

Sorry to hear you’re running into that issue. Quick question: what version of the RoboSats service are you running on your server? It might be worth checking if you’re on the latest version, and if not, try updating. I’m running RoboSats v.0.7.0~1 on a server and accessing it using MacOS Sequoia 15.0, and everything works smoothly for me. Also, you might want to try clearing your browser cache (in both Firefox and Tor) to see if that helps with the warning. Let me know if you need any help with the update, and glad to have you here!

Hmm, I’m on RoboSats v.0.6.0 but don’t see any updates available for RoboSats in Start9. Is there somewhere I can download 0.7.0 and push the update into Start9 manually?

Yes, you’re correct—v.0.6.0 is the latest version. I was testing the alpha version and didn’t check properly. I’m not sure what the issue could be, but maybe someone else will chime in and help.