"This Connection Is Not Private"

When visiting community.start9.com on home wifi, this error message comes up on Brave and Safari, with VPN on and off.

“This Connection Is Not Private”
This website may be impersonating “stable-types.local” to steal your personal or financial information. You should close this page.

Is there a workaround or a new web site?

Thx

This community forum and any StartOS server instance you have called stable-types.local are two entirely different things. You’ll need to look carefully at what you are opening when you get that message.

Anyone can quickly check whether the forum has a valid SSL cert buy clicking on the padlock in any browser next to the URL and clicking through until it shows you. It does.

As for this warning regarding stable-types.local… with a clean browser properly configured and having performed the initial steps in the documentation, you shouldn’t see any messages at all.

If you are, you have something very peculiar and specific to you going on that I can’t imagine how to investigate unless you provide a lot more information, examples and correctly differentiate between stable-types.local and http://community.start9.com/

The only thing I can think of off-hand that this could be is that somewhere within a forum post somewhere someone has linked to or added HTML related to their server stable-types.local, but I don’t see that either.

Thx for the info, I will do some more investigating.