Unable to Login - Database error

Hello,

I just set up a Start9 server and am a noob with regard to server-related issues. Though I had been able to login yesterday after freshly installing the OS, I’m now unable to login to the server via both the LAN or Tor addresses on Brave and Chrome.

Yesterday I began downloading Bitcoin core node and am wondering if this contributed to the error I’m now seeing when I try to login:

RPC ERROR: Database Error error returned from database: could not open file “base/16385/2601”: Read-only file system

Could anyone provide some advice on how to resolve this?

Thank you!

A reboot (hard power down) should fix this. What hardware are you using?

Yup, a reboot did fix it. I’m using a raspberry pi 4 w/ 4 gb. I had been using a 15 watt power supply but received advice via the telegram channel that a 20 watt power supply may address this issue if it’s a result of an underpowered machine. Since changing to a 20 watt charger, the issue hasn’t recurred.

1 Like

Scratch that - the problem has happened again. Another database error but with a slightly different set of numbers:

RPC ERROR: Database Error error returned from database: could not open file “base/16385/1259”: Read-only file system

Any help would still be appreciated!

What is your data connection? External drive enclosure? The problem here is a combination of inadequate power delivery and sub-par data connection. This is unfortunately inherent to the RasPi, which we are moving away from. The All-in-One enclosures with power management are the best option, but if you’re going to spend money, it’s better to just get a mini PC or old computer.