I’m currently running a homebuilt (Raspibolt) setup and am planning on moving my active lightning node over to my purpose build start9 server. Been looking into the best way to achieve this migration safely (last thing I want is my channels closing etc.). Any thoughts/comments suggestions would be welcome on this.
- Set up start9 and get all the pre-requisites up and synced (core, electrs, proxy) - Done
- Install LND on start9 machine but don’t start up
- SSH into Raspibolt and shutdown LND
- Make a zipped copy of the /data/lnd folder (using the LND user account) and drop in tmp folder
- WinSCP copy from Raspibolt over to the start9 tmp folder
- Through SSH extract folders into "/-embassy-data/package-data/volumes/lnd
- Delete TLS certificates and key
- Start up LND on start9
Questions I have are:
What am I missing?
Should I configure LND at all on the start9 before I start?
BTC wallet seed on the new start9 (that was generated on startup for Raspibolt) do I need to migrate that separately or does it come along with my lnd folder? (guessing the latter)